MEDICAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of medicine, then an internship at Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital (SKGH)/ Sheikh Khalifa Specialty Hospital (SKSH) will be ideal for you.
The medical Internship Programmer offers eligible students the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in medical realm.
SKGH, a 203-bedded General Hospital in Umm Al Quwain and SKSH, a 246-bedded tertiary referral hospital based in Ras Al Khaimah, under the initiative of H.H. President of the United Arab Emirates.
To prepare physicians to practice compassionate clinical medicine of the highest standard.
This program is designed to provide an opportunity for professional to develop a specialized practice and to upgrade the knowledge and clinical competencies of interns in the area of medicine based on international standard. It aims at preparing interns to meet the health care needs of all patients.
Our pledge is to provide the intern with not only a world-class training but also the best possible experience during one year program that makes your short time with us memorable and positively shapes you and your future in every imaginable way.
We take particular care in preparing you to be a competent physician and prepare you to advance in your career. The curriculum offered at SKGH/SKSH not only addresses core medical concepts and divers clinical topics but also places emphasize on communication, understanding systems and quality of patient care, emotional intelligence and evidence based medicine. This program ensures that new graduates are equipped with skills, knowledge and confidence early in their future career.
The medical interns will do their clinical rotation at both hospitals.
- Application documents should be submitted between 1st of June, 2020 and 13th of July, 2020. Applications that are submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Eligibility of application
- UAE nationals
- Graduates from medical schools listed in the Avicenna database (formerly the WHO Directory of Medical Schools) will be accepted.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form.
(Total size of attachments should be less than 5 Mb.)
- Dean’s letter
- Latest Medical School Transcript Copy
- Application Form (Download)
- Curriculum Vitae (Download)
- Passport-sized photograph
- Passport Copy
- Emirates ID Copy
- Khulasat Qaid/Family Book Copy
- Letter of Recommendation (If any available)
- Experience Certificates (If any available)
- The original copy of the application form must be submitted at the time of the entrance interview.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Applications that are submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
How to apply
- Applicants can ONLY send the required documents to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- All submitted documents will not be returned.
- Review of application documents
- Pass the interview
- Final acceptance
- The date and place of the entrance interview will be announced soon.
- All applicants will be notified of their selection via e-mail.
- The final acceptance will be decided by The Internship Committee.
If you have any questions about the internship program, please use the following contacts: